- These Terms set forth the terms and conditions of use of the services that Hirose Electric Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) provides (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”). Users shall use the Services in accordance with these Terms.
- The Company may, at its discretion, amend these Terms at any time for any reason.
- These Terms after amendment shall become effective upon being posted on the Company’s website unless otherwise specified by the Company.
- The Company shall, from time to time, notify Members of necessary information by posting the same on the Company’s website or by other means that the Company deems appropriate.
- If a user uses the Services after the amendment to these Terms has become effective, the user shall be deemed to have agreed to all provisions of these Terms after such amendment.
Article 2 (Membership Registration)
- A “Member” means a person who applies for the Membership Agreement in a manner prescribed by the Company and whose application is approved by the Company after necessary examination and procedures.
- Application for Membership Registration
Any person who wishes to use the Company’s services shall apply for the Membership Agreement in a manner prescribed by the Company.
However, if he/she makes a clerical mistake, omission or false statement in the prescribed registered matters, if he/she is likely to cause a disadvantage to the Company or if he/she does not belong to a corporation, the Company may refuse the application for registration.
Upon applying for the Membership Agreement, the applicant shall be deemed to have agreed to the contents of this Membership Agreement.
- Notification of Change
If there is any change to the matters that a Member has registered with the Company, the Member shall promptly notify the Company thereof in a manner prescribed by the Company. The Company shall not be liable in any way for any disadvantage suffered by the Member as a result of his/her failure to notify such change.
- No Assignment
No Members may assign, lend, sell or transfer to a third party, or pledge or otherwise encumber their rights to receive the provision of the Services under the Membership Agreement.
- Management of Personal Identification Information
If a Member forgets his/her personal identification information such as a password, the Member shall immediately notify the Company and follow the instructions from the Company.
Members shall endeavor to prevent any unauthorized use of their personal identification information and be responsible for the management thereof.
The Company shall not be liable in any way for any damages suffered by a Member as a result of the assignment or lending of his/her personal identification information to a third party or a theft of the same by a third party whether or not involving wilful misconduct or negligence on the part of such Member.
In addition, if the Company or any of its affiliates suffers damages as a result of a Member’s use of his/her personal identification information (including a third party’s unauthorized use), the Member shall compensate the Company or its relevant affiliate for such damages.
- Suspension of Membership
Company has the right to suspend a membership in the event that a member does not login for a period of 6 months. Members can contact us to reactivate their suspended membership.
- Cancellation of Membership
If any Member falls under any of the following items, the Company may cancel membership without giving prior notice to the Member.
Such Member or third party shall hold the Company harmless for and against the consequences resulting from such cancellation.
- 1)if the Member made a false statement in the prescribed registered matters;
- 2)if the Member is likely to cause a disadvantage or trouble to the Company and/or a third party;
- 3)if the Member engages in an act that inhibits the Services; or
- 4)any other case where the Company deems the Member disqualified.
Article 3 (Copyright)
The copyright in letters, sentences, photos, logos, images, drawings and other works posted on the Company’s website shall be the property of the Company and the authors of the same, and belong to the Company or the right-holder who allows the Company to use the same.
You must refrain from unauthorized reproduction or copying of the information of the works, images and the like provided through the Services.
Article 4 (Indemnity)
- The Company shall not make any warranty in connection with your use of the Services. You shall be responsible for the use of the Services, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use of its services.
- The Company may change, add, improve or discontinue all or a part of the contents of its services without giving notice to Members. The Company shall not be liable in any way in respect of the change, addition, improvement or discontinuance of the contents of the Services.
- The Company shall not be liable in any way for any losses arising out of an Act of God or other force majeure event (including but not limited to line disturbance).
Article 5 (Personal Information)
- The Company shall handle Members’ personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) appropriately in accordance with “Personal Information Protection Policy” posted on the website.
- The Company shall handle Personal Information within the scope of the intended use set out below:
- 1)Provision of information concerning new products, campaigns, exhibitions, seminars and other events;
- 2)Questionnaire research and monitoring for the planning, development and marketing of products;
- 3)Response to, confirmation of and records of questions, inquiries and comments;
- 4)The cases where the disclosure is lawfully required by any government authority, bar association or the like;
- 5)Other use within the scope of the consent of Members; or
- 6)The cases where the Company entrusts a contractor with handling of Personal Information to the extent necessary for the intended use.
Article 6 (Links)
- Links to the Company’s website by a third-party is granted to all entities including profit or not-for-profit organizations. However, links by the following parties or parties with the following risks are prohibited.
All trademarks including logos and marks are proprietary of the Company. Use of any such trademarks including links, without written consent of the Company is strictly prohibited.
- 1)Websites that defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise affect the trust worthiness or credibility of the Company or other individuals or entities.
- 2)Websites that infringe, contravene, breach or otherwise interfere with or harm the rights of the Company or other individuals or entities, including without limitation, any copyright or trademark laws, right of privacy and publicity, property rights or intellectual property rights.
- 3)Inaccurate or misleading third party content including website(s) that open the Company’s site within a frame of the third party’s, making it difficult to distinguish the Company’s websites from the third party’s. Websites should be designed so that the screen will completely redirect to the Company’s website or open a new window.
- 4)Websites that may be in violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes and public morality, or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or interfere with the operation of the Company’s websites.
Company’s URL is subject to change without notice.
In no event shall the Company be held liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of, or any other complaints or claims with respect to from third parties’ websites that have links to the Company’s website.
Article 7 (Recommended System Requirements)
The following operating systems and browsers are recommended for better use of the Company’s website.
- For Windows 7/8/8.1
- ・Microsoft Internet Explorer: 9.0 or higher
- ・Mozilla Firefox : Most recent version
- ・Google Chrome: Most recent version
- For Mac OS X
- ・Safari : Most recent version
- ・Mozilla Firefox: Most recent version
- ・Google Chrome :Most recent version
Article 8 (Plugin)
Some areas of the Company’s site require Adobe Flash Player (Flash Player 11 or higher).
Also to view and print PDF files, a plugin such as Adobe Reader (Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher) is required. To play a video, RealPlayer, Real One Player or Microsoft Windows Media Player is required.
* Some areas of the website require the newest version of a plugin.
The Company site may obtain some information using cookies.
The Company’s Services may be provided based on the information obtained via cookies and from membership registration.
Article 11 (SSL)
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is used in some services of the Company’s websites. To use these services, your web browser is required to enable 128-bit encryption.
By using secured web browsers, personal information such as visitor names, addresses or phone numbers are automatically encrypted to send or receive.
Even when such information is intercepted by a third party, theft of personal information is unlikely.
Webpage may not be displayed due to factors such as firewall settings.
Article 12 (Download)
- An instruction manual and technical data (hereinafter referred to as the “Manual”) of all products of the Company are not available.
- Information provided in the Manual may not be up-to-date due to legislative changes.
- The Manual is intended for use by customers and potential buyers and users.
- Copyright of the Manual is proprietary of the Company. It is prohibited to copy partially or all of the Manual by third parties without consent of the Company.
- This service is provided for the convenience of customers. In no event shall the Company be held liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of, or any other complaints or claims from third parties with respect to use or inability to use the Manual.
- Proper downloading may not be available due to your computer, network conditions or other factors.
Article 13 (Choice of Law and Forum)
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
Article 14 (Disputes)
The Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed court with exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance over any dispute arising between you and the Company in connection with the Services.
These Terms shall take effect from April 1, 2015.