Hirose Electric Adds a New In-line Jack Variation to the IEC Standard Compliant, Next-Generation Industrial Equipment Network Connector Series, the ix Industrial™ August 3, 2022
Hirose Electric Adds a New In-line Jack Variation to the IEC Standard Compliant, Next-Generation Industrial Equipment Network Connector Series, the ix Industrial™
Hirose Electric is happy to announce that a new in-line jack variation has been added to the ix Industrial™ Series, the IEC 61076-3-124 standard compliant, next-generation industrial equipment network connector lineup.
● Enhanced Wiring Flexibility Suited to Your Design Needs
ix Industrial™ was released in 2017 in collaboration with our Germany-based development partner, Harting Technology Group, and has been used in a variety of industrial markets such as Factory Automation, robotics and machine vision. Due to its space-saving and durable design, the ix Industrial™ is used as a connector for data transmission, including Ethernet, by several large industrial equipment manufacturers.
Hirose released the new in-line jack in response to market needs for space-saving wiring when there is distance between equipment. Cables can be connected when used in combination with the ix Industrial™ plug for simpler, space-reducing wiring. In addition to in-line connection, the ix Industrial™ in-line jack supports panel mounting for use as an interface. The cover case accommodates two panel thicknesses of 1.5mm and 2.0mm for flexibility in equipment design. This new addition to the ix Industrial™ product lineup makes highly flexible wiring possible.
In-line Connection Usage
Panel Connection Usage
● Features: IEC Standard Compliant, Next-Generation Industrial Equipment Network Connector: the ix Industrial™
- IEC standard compliant (IEC 61076-3-124)
- The ix Industrial™ offers a reduced size of 75% compared to conventional RJ45 modular solutions. The receptacles allow 10mm parallel pitch mounting.
- Hirose's unique shell design withstands shock and vibration. It offers 5,000 mating cycles to ensure excellent durability.
- High EMC resistance for high speed, Cat.6A (10Gbps) Ethernet transmission.
- Varieties Under Mass Production:
Key varieties: 2 types
Receptacle: Upright Right Angle Receptacle, Right Angle Receptacle, Vertical Receptacle
Plug: Straight Plug, Right Angle Plug (Cable Assembly: IDC, Solder)
● Future Product Development
In order to meet the interconnectivity requirements of the various operating environments in which industrial equipment is used, Hirose is currently considering development of new variations to the ix Industrial™ lineup, including a splash-proof type and a screw lock type.
● Corporate Profile and Related Information