HIROSE ELECTRIC Adds the Right Angle Plug as a New Variation to the IEC Standard Compliant Industrial Ethernet Interface Connector Lineup, the ix Industrial™ May 21, 2021
HIROSE ELECTRIC Adds the Right Angle Plug as a New Variation to the IEC Standard Compliant Industrial Ethernet Interface Connector Lineup, the ix Industrial™
HIROSE ELECTRIC is happy to announce that the right angle plug has been added as a new variation to the IEC 61076-3-124 standard compliant industrial Ethernet interface connector lineup, the ix Industrial™.
● Contributes Easy Cable Routing and Space-Saving
ix Industrial™ was released in 2017 in collaboration with our Germany-based development partner, Harting Technology Group, and has been used in a variety of industrial markets such as Factory Automation, robotics and machine vision. The ix Industrial™ has been adopted by several large industrial application manufacturers for Ethernet connectivity, due to its space-saving and durable design. Hirose has released the new right angle plug variation in response to market needs for space-saving routing, free of stress on the connector resulting from cable bending when space on the interface connection side of the device is limited. While straight plugs are already a part of the ix Industrial™ lineup, the right angle type allows the cable to be pulled out at a right angle in respect to the mating axis, reducing the height of the equipment interface connection and making it easier to route the cable in tight spaces. The ix Industrial™ lineup provides more wiring flexibility, with two cable assembly options of solder and IDC, 2 keying options, and both downward cabling and upward cabling right angle plug variations for use based on your application.
Servo Amplifier Usage
ix Industrial™ Right Angle Plug
● Features: IEC Standard Compliant, Compact Ethernet Connector: the ix Industrial™
- IEC standard compliant (IEC 61076-3-124)
- The ix Industrial offers a reduced size of 75% compared to conventional RJ-45 modular solutions. The
receptacles allow 10mm parallel pitch mounting.
- HIROSE's unique shell design withstands shock and vibration. It offers 5,000 mating cycles to ensure
- High EMC resistance for Cat.6A high speed Ethernet for 10Gbps transmission.
- Varieties Under Mass Production
Key varieties：2 types
Receptacle：Upright Right Angle Receptacle, Right Angle Receptacle, Vertical Receptacle
Plug：Straight Plug, Right Angle Plug (Cable Assembly: IDC, Soldering)
● Future Product Development
In order to meet the interconnectivity requirements of various operating environments in which industrial equipment is used, Hirose is currently considering development of a waterproof type and a pulse transformer built-in type as new variations.
● Corporate Profile and Related Information