Reporting to the Director of Sales for Automotive, the Account Manager shall be responsible for penetrating automotive OEMs and related Tier 1 customers. Shall forecast and define goals to achieve targeted revenues.
- Identify and build relationships with targeted list of accounts;
- Create and deliver customized product presentations in 2D and 3D modeling;
- Provide support to customers throughout build-out process, keeping them informed of progress, seeking their feedback;
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure accounts are set-up for timely payment;
- Monitor production of products, and identify growth and future needs of clients;
- Organize periodic customer visits by Japanese engineers and other Hirose personnel;
- Interface with industry groups and standards committees, as necessary;
- Complete monthly performance reports on target account activity, major design opportunities and forecasts to Automotive Director of Sales ;
- Communicate plans and client needs to product development team and upper management;
- Communicate market and competitive information learned through sales activities to the automotive team and upper management;
- Comply with established Hirose sales policies, pricing guidelines, and best practices;
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity and respect for co-workers, customers and prospects;
- Employee must complete their tasks per ISO9001-2008//TS16949 requirements, when applicable.
Ability to travel up to 25%
COMMUNICATION AND INTERFACE
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English in order to communicate with all departments and customers;
Timely reporting; and excellent presentation skills for customer meetings.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND JUDGEMENT
- Must acquire thorough knowledge of Hirose product lines in order to ensure efficiency and to address concerns, questions and problems related to current and potential clients.
- Must demonstrate an analytical mind with strategic thinking, combined with excellent time management abilities.
- Ability to proactively negotiate and access internal resources.
- BSME or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of engineering and/or account management experience in connector industry;
- Understanding of tolerancing and dimensioning is preferable; and
- CAD knowledge is preferable.
- Five or more years of successful Automotive Industry sales experience calling on OEM’s and Tier Suppliers in the connector and / or Connector and Wire Harness industry.
- Five or more years of experience in developing and implementing balanced sales strategies driving the design in and adoption of new connector technologies at the Automotive OEM’s (Chrysler and / or General Motors is preferred ).